The largest building obtained, known today as Locklin Hall, was located on the northwest corner of Alden Street and Wilbraham Avenue, or 210 Alden Street. At this point, the exact date that the building was built is unknown, although it was finished before the construction of Weiser Hall began in 1921. The building had several names over the years, and was referred to as the Academic Building, the Maroon Building, and sometimes just 210 Alden Street. During the summer of 1985, the building was finally renamed from the Maroon Building to Locklin Hall in honor of Wilbert E. Locklin, the ninth president of Springfield College, who was retiring after 20 years of leading the college. Locklin Hall is an academic building with several classrooms, faculty offices, and lecture halls. The building also is home for the college’s post office and print shop, located in the basement.
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.