On September 22, 1926 the cornerstone of Alumni Hall was laid. Just one year later, the building was complete, although it was not formally dedicated until June 15, 1930, when all the funds for the building were officially received. In October of 1944, both Alumni Hall and the Administration Building were used as a U.S. Navy Convalescent Hospital. The majority of the patients were housed in Alumni Hall, with one wing equipped for bed cases and the rest converted into hospital rooms for two to four men. Today, with the exception of necessary renovations, Alumni Hall remains largely unchanged.
According to a sticker on the fame, this is #68 in a series.
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.