During World War II, Springfield College served as an army army air corps training facility and convalescent hospital (later designated a Naval Special Hospital). S. Richard Carlisle donated Carlisle Hall, located in Alumni Hall. The room was used for gatherings, presentations, and student events. On September 22, 1926, the cornerstone of Springfield College new men’s dormitory, Alumni Hall, was laid. Just one year after the cornerstone was laid, the building was completed. However, the building was not formally dedicated until June 15, 1930, when the college officially received all of the building’s funds. With the exception of necessary renovations, Alumni Hall remains largely unchanged and continues to serve as an all men's dormitory.
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.