This slide was likely used in a presentation by Charles Alexius Dickinson, who graduated in 1910 from the International YMCA Training School (now Springfield College). On October 9, 1912, Dickinson was hired as the superintendent of the recently-formed Rockford Boys’ Club in Illinois. In this position, he led a fundraising campaign to purchase a larger building better suited to their growing membership. Through Dickinson's efforts, the Boys' Club raised fifty thousand dollars. The new building opened in the fall of 1918. Before he accepted this position, Dickinson worked as an assistant to a Boys’ Club in Springfield, Massachusetts, and as the head of Boston playgrounds.
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.