Pratt Field was a gift of Mr. Herbert L. Pratt. It originally consisted of a quarter mile track, 220-yard straightaway, eleven runaways and pits for jumping and vaulting, seven tennis courts, a football field, and a baseball diamond. A reinforced concrete fence that was eight feet high surrounded the field. The entrances were designed by Edward Lippincourt Tilton who also designed Judd Gymnasia and the Marsh Memorial Building on Campus. Pratt field is still used today for track and field. This layout was published in Elmer Berry's article "The Pratt Athletic Field" (The Association Seminar, vol. 19 no. 9, June 1911).
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.