The students, fully dressed in their academic regalia, are exiting the Administration Building. The Administration Building originally contained a library, dormitory space, classrooms, and dining facilities. Construction began in late April 1895 and was completed over a year later. In 1943, the Administration Building failed to meet the city’s fire safety codes, and the dormitory was reduced from four floors to two floors.
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.