The Natatorium actually opened in April, 1913 despite the mosaic tile work which indicates 1912, the year construction began. McCurdy Natatorium is a part of Judd Gymnasia, the first building on Springfield College's current campus. The pool was a gift of Standard Oil President Herbert Pratt, who requested the pool be named after physical education department head Dr. McCurdy. It was closed on March 18, 1968 and the swimming pool was replaced by Linkletter Natatorium. The Natatorium was remodeled and has served as a dance studio, weight room, the college bookstore and finally, in the spring of 2011, as the Springfield College History Museum which also includes the YMCA Hall of Fame.
This image is a copy of another and is similar to rg127-01-02-15-012; Series were added to this collection, changing the file name. File names of the uploaded files contain the old name;
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.