The natatorium, located inside Judd Gymnasia, was a gift of Standard Oil President Herbert Pratt, who requested the pool be named after physical education department head Dr. McCurdy. Completed in April 1913, the natatorium cost $23,000 to build. On March 18, 1968 the pool was closed and replaced by Linkletter Natatorium. The Natatorium was remodeled and has served as a dance studio, weight room, the college bookstore and finally, in the spring of 2011, as the Springfield College History Museum which also includes the YMCA Hall of Fame.
The photograph is from a page that was once a part of a scrapbook; There is a picture on the reverse side, rg127-01-02-15-009; Series were added to this collection, changing the file name. File names of the uploaded files contain the old name;
Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law.